What is Ashiatsu Barefoot Massage Therapy?
Ashiatsu means “foot pressure” in Japanese. Barefoot massage also has many other names depending on its country of origin. A fusion of several traditional forms of barefoot massage adapted to North American standards has been created and continues to evolve. Ashiatsu has only recently become recognized in Canada as an RMT modality. Ashiatsu is a type of massage therapy in which the practitioner balances themselves using parallel bars mounted above the table
Registered Massage Therapy like you've never experienced it before!
and massages the patient with her feet. Strokes are compressive, broad, consistent and flowing; giving the sensation of being massaged by very large hands. Using the feet enables the therapist to deliver varying therapeutic levels of pressure, leaving tissues feeling invigorated, yet deeply relaxed. Excellent for deep tissue work. Nicole was the first fully certified Ashiatsu therapist in the GTA and was the first certified Ashiatsu instructor in Canada. All of our therapists have obtained Advanced Ashiatsu training and certification.
Recommended: 60-90 minute session.
Is Ashiatsu the right treatment for you?
Ashiatsu may have the following benefits:
• Stress reduction & relaxation – likely the most relaxing massage you’ll ever experience, while still being extremely therapeutic
• Reducing tension & contracture of muscles & releasing knots – minimizes damage to healthy tissue which helps to minimize soreness that often follows a deep tissue massage
• Alleviating pain in both acute & chronic conditions – able to access problem areas & achieve releases that are more difficult to address with hands
• Improving circulation of blood & lymph – you’ll leave feeling invigorated & rejuvenated while relaxed at the same time
• Increasing overall health and well-being – Ashiatsu benefits mental health just as much as the physical body- leave feeling like you’ve just done a really great yoga class or gone to the spa