CLICK TO SEE OUR 2017 RATES (Apply to any RMT Service below):
As of January 1st, 2017 our rates have changed to be in accordance with the newest guidelines published by the RMTAO https://secure.rmtao.com/massage_therapy/your_mass…
2017 Fee Schedule (+HST):
15 minutes $34 = $38.42
30 minutes $56 = $63.28
45 minutes $68 = $76.84
60 minutes $90 = $101.70
75 minutes $106 = $119.78
90 minutes $122 = $137.86
105 minutes $139 = $157.07
120 minutes $156 = $176.28
Ashiatsu Barefoot Massage Therapy [Mild to Firm Pressure]
In this form of barefoot massage therapy, the practitioner balances herself from parallel bars mounted above the table and massages the patient with her feet. Similar to Swedish Massage, this type of barefoot massage uses lubricated effleurage and petrissage strokes which are compressive, broad, consistent and flowing; giving the sensation of being massaged by very large hands. Tissues are left feeling invigorated, yet deeply relaxed. Click here for more details & watch video.
Contraindications &/or Considerations for Ashiatsu Barefoot Massage Therapy
• If you have Osteoporosis
• If you have spondylolithesis
• If you’ve had a rib or any bone fracture/break within 6 months
• If you are a woman that is pregnant or trying to get pregnant
• If you’ve had breast implants within nine months
• If you’ve had any knee, hip, spine, shoulder, or major joint surgeries within 6 weeks
• If you are currently taking any blood thinners, pain killers, or muscle relaxants
• If you have uncontrolled high blood pressure or heart condition
• If you have a pacemaker, stent or shunt
• If you have Guillian-Barre’ Syndrome, any neuropathy, or any neurological disorder that causes loss of sensation or muscle weakness
• If you have a history of thrombosis, aneurysm, or ongoing kidney disorders
• Any Autoimmune Disorders (such as Lupus, Gout, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Multiple Sclerosis, Lyme Disease etc)
Swedish Massage [light to moderate pressure]
Incorporates long gliding, fluid strokes and kneading techniques applied to the upper layers of the soft tissue. Swedish massage enhances balance and harmony while creating a sense of overall well-being and is widely prescribed by physicians. Regular Swedish massage is an important part of maintaining optimal health and vitality. It is gentle, soothing the mind and body, emphasizing relaxation and restoring lost energy.
-relaxes muscles – loosens stiff joints – reduces pain – eliminates stress – increases range of motion – stimulates the skin – sedates the nervous system – improves sleep quality – increases circulation & lymphatic flow
Deep Tissue Massage [firm pressure]
Direct deep pressure applied in slow strokes and intensive holds & releases stimulates blood flow to tight and contractured areas. This type of massage therapy delves deeply to release tension and restrictions in muscle, fascia and connective tissue. In conjunction with *Trigger Point Release Therapy and myofascial release, these detailed, therapeutic techniques provide relief for chronically tight, over-used and heavily burdened muscles.
-relieves knotted muscles and trigger points that are unable to fully release on their own – relieves chronic muscle tension or injury through realigning deep layers of muscles and connective tissue – helps improve chronic postural imbalances – eases movement – reduces chronic pain
Contraindications &/or Considerations for Deep Tissue Massage
For any Deep Tissue massage, certain conditions exist in which your therapist may choose to modify your session to ensure you get the most effective and safe treatment possible. Please mention to your therapist if any of the following pertain to you:
• If you have Osteoporosis • If you have spondylolithesis • If you’ve had a rib or any bone fracture/break within 6 months • If you are a woman that is pregnant or trying to get pregnant
• If you’ve had breast implants within nine months • If you’ve had any knee, hip, spine, shoulder, or major joint surgeries within 6 weeks • If you are currently taking any blood thinners, pain killers, or muscle relaxants • If you have uncontrolled high blood pressure or heart condition • If you have a pacemaker, stent or shunt • If you have Guillian-Barre’ Syndrome, any neuropathy, or any neurological disorder that causes loss of sensation or muscle weakness • If you have a history of thrombosis, aneurysm, or ongoing kidney disorders • Any Autoimmune Disorders (such as Lupus, Gout, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Multiple Sclerosis, Lyme Disease etc)
Ashi-Thai (Passive Stretching using the Feet) –
[Mild to Medium Pressure]
Ashi-Thai is an expression of traditional Thai stretches/exercises that are performed passively, enabling the client to fully relax and allow themselves to sink into their very deepest stretches possible. The stretches have been modified from being done on traditional Thai floor mats to instead, the massage table with the therapist using the bars on the ceiling and their feet instead of their hands to leverage and support the stretches. The sessions are performed fully clothed without any oil or cream.
Pre/Post-Natal Massage [Mild to Firm pressure, as tolerated]
A relaxing treatment tailored specifically to alleviate the physical discomfort and fatigue related to the changing bodies of pregnant women and consequent extra stress on the joints. Therapists adjust their techniques to help improve circulation and lymphatic drainage, soothe neck, back and hip pain, relieve headaches, reduce leg cramps and swollen ankles and promote overall relaxation. This specialized treatment is designed to nurture and support new and expecting mothers. Using customized pillows, we offer relief from neck/shoulder tension, fatigue, sciatica and low back pain.
Sessions also assist with the management of digestive complaints such as constipation, gas, nausea, and indigestion. Provides not only physical benefits, but emotional support during pregnancy as well. At NRG Medicine, we use the Earthlite Pregnancy Cushion, to ensure maximal comfort and safety of our “mommy-to-be” clients.
Hot Stone Massage- [Mild to Moderate Pressure]
A luxurious yet therapeutic treatment utilizing smooth, polished basalt lava stones which are heated and applied strategically to areas of tension in the body, enabling all stresses to melt away. The stones are used as an extension of the therapist’s hands using Swedish massage strokes to penetrate deeply into the muscles for maximum relaxation. The radiating warmth of the heated basalt stones draw moisture and nutrients into the tissue, while also stimulating blood circulation encouraging self-healing within the body.
This massage may help to alleviate the following symptoms:
· Muscular aches, pains, sprains, and strains · Poor circulation · Rheumatic and arthritic conditions · Fibromyalgia · MS · Back pain · Stress, anxiety and tension · Insomnia · Depression
Minimum 75 or 90 minute session. Requires additional time for preparation, so must be specified at time of booking.